Do you know an unsung hero in our county who works with great passion and dedication to improve the lives of our youngest children?
First 5 SLO County and Early Learning for All (ELFA) announce San Luis Obispo County's third "Hands-on Hero" Awards, which honor exceptional individuals in SLO County who have positively impacted children's lives. Hands-on Hero Awards recognize individuals for their everyday "hands-on" work on behalf of children ages prenatal to 5 and their families.
This year we're proud to announce that contributing sponsors, Dignity Health, the San Luis Obispo County Child Abuse Prevention Council (SLO-CAP), the San Luis Obispo County Child Care Planning Council, and Community Action Partnership (CAPSLO) have joined us to recognize the unsung heroes in our county who work with great passion and dedication to improve the lives of our youngest children.
Hands-on Heroes work tirelessly, overcome adversity and everyday challenges, and are seldom acknowledged for their work. They could be aides in the classroom, janitors, teachers, family advocates, health workers, or volunteers in programs that benefit our youngest residents in San Luis Obispo County. They are champions for children.
- Children’s Health Hero: Individuals who work to improve the health of children. Nominees can be involved in treatment, prevention, assessment, education, intervention, or coordination.
- Family Support Hero: Individuals who work to support and strengthen the healthy development of relationships between children and their families or primary caregivers. Nominees in this category might be Parent Educators, Family Advocates, Case Managers, Program Managers, Office Staff, Site Supervisors, Counselors, etc.
- Early Care and Education Hero (children in a center-based program): Individuals who TEACH children in a center-based program (licensed or license-exempt).
- Early Care and Education Hero (children in a family child care program): Individuals who TEACH children in a family child care program (licensed or license-exempt).
- Volunteer Hero: Individuals who VOLUNTEER their time to improve the lives of children. Nominees can work in any setting (e.g., education, non-profit, health care) but must not receive pay for it.
|Nomination Period Opens:||February 8, 2013|
|Submission of Nomination Form Deadline:||March 8, 2013, 5:00PM PST|
|Honorees Are Notified:||March 22, 2013|
|Honorees Announced at Hands-On Hero Award Dinner:||April 19, 2013|
Nominate a Hero using our Online Nomination Form, or:
Download 2013 Hands On Hero Nomination Forms:
To view, fill out, save, and print this PDF form, you must have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, installed on your computer. The Adobe Reader software is FREE and is the global standard for viewing PDF documents. The most current version of Adobe Reader is available for download here:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using an old version of Adobe Reader (earlier than version 8), you will have difficulties with the form, particularly in editing and saving changes to your content.